- 1 bunch of Waldmeister, known in the US as sweet woodruff* (about 0.2 to 0.35 ounces)
- 2 squirts of lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 bottles of dry white wine
- 1 bottle of semi-dry sparkling wine
- ice cubes
Let the bunch of woodruff dry somewhat and poor one bottle of white wine into a punchbowl. To prevent the toxic substances of the woodruff from entering the punch, you should dip the bunch of woodruff into the wine, tied together with a string so that the stem ends stick out; let steep for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the woodruff and discard. Add the remaining white wine and top off with the sparkling wine. Chill with ice cubes placed under the bowl. If you would like it sweeter, you may add some sugar.
*Sweet woodruff is a perennial herb whose small white flowers bloom in May and June. It is widely available at garden nurseries in many parts of the US.
- 1 tablespoon of sweet woodruff syrup
- juice of 2 lemons
- 600 ml apple juice
- 400 ml sparkling water
Mix all the ingredients and serve chilled.